Well hello foragers. 2014 is on us and we’re partying hard with an ID walk and salad making stroll from 1-3pm on Fri 18th April.
This year, if for some embarrassing reason you haven’t heard, weekly Foraging Fridays are mutating into bigger workshops around once a month from February till September. Maybe we’ll go for an appley extravganza in October too, if you’re good.
Salad plants we’ll find:
- Hoary cress (lepidium draba)
- Chickweed (stellaria media)
- Smooth sow thistle (sonchus oleraceus)
- Cow parsley (anthriscus sylvestris) – and its poisonous almost identical lookalike, hemlock (conium maculatum)
- Cress, unfairly branded ‘hairy bittercress’ (cardamine hirsuta)
- nipplewort (lapsana communis)
- borage (borago officinalis)
blah blah blah. And possible ones nearby:
- three cornered garlic (allium triquetrum)
- horseradish (armoracia rusticana)
Bring your party clothes